Panama Map

Panama Map

May 30, 2012

D.C. Makes Me Happy

Everyone should know this by now, but for those way far out of the Hallie In Panama loop, I recently took a little vacation from my jungle life to fly to Washington D.C. and visit my amazing boyfriend, Andrew.  Well, as most of you should know, Andrew is no longer my boyfriend, but officially my fiancee.

Up on a little chapel surrounded by the Virginia forests, he asked me to marry him.  And I said yes.

We chose a blue sapphire ring for now, something more subtle (and safer) for the streets of Panama.  And as an added bonus it matches my dress.


Andrew and I (looking tan for the first time in my life)


The Washington Monument


WWII Memorial

Illinois pride!











Andrew with one of his favorite people, Einstein.

In front of the White House.  It took me a while to realize it was Memorial Day weekend, hence the massive crowds and miles-long motorcycle parades circling the Mall



My handsome husband-to-be


I think this will be our engagement photo, since our situation doesn't really allow much time to plan things like professional photos.

Looking good.
The wedding wouldn't be until I return from Panama, therefore at least a year from now.  I'm not sure how I'm going to plan a wedding from my secluded jungle hut, but we'll make it work somehow.  Actually, I think Andrew and I are proof that with enough love and strength you can make anything work.

1 comment: