Panama Map

Panama Map

April 28, 2011

Hola from Panama

It is my 2nd day in Panama and I only have internet for a little bit so I will make this nice and short.

(As a side note, there's another girl in my Peace Corps group whose name is Hallie, even spelled and pronounced the same way.  This has definitely been a first for me!  Small world.)

Anyways, so far it has been long days of meetings and orientations to make sure we are being safe, healthy and letting us know the challenges and excitements that lay ahead.  But the views are beautiful and the weather is hot and humid.  From here we can see one of the locks on the Panama Canal which is neat.  Everything is so green and alive.  Panama is just entering the wet season, so there have been thunderstorms and rain every night.  Speaking of water, the tap water is safe to drink at this particular site and the city in general which I thought was interesting.

On Sunday, I will travel to my host family site where I will live for the next 10 weeks or so.  There I will undergo all my language and technical training.  Sorry this is such a short post, but I'm having a great time so far with all the wonderfully nice people here!

No comments:

Post a Comment